I’m going to show you a healthy way of growing your own sauerkraut. It’s a great addition to any meal because it has probiotics in it as well as vitamins and minerals, so that is not just good for the gut, but also beneficial to your body. This will be an easy step-by-step tutorial on how I grow my own homemade ketchup using fresh vegetables and spices. Check out this recipe by clicking the link below!
The “keto bratwurst and sauerkraut” is a recipe for homemade keto sauerkraut that is tastylicious. The ingredients are simple, but the taste is incredible.
Go to the Recipe
Making keto sauerkraut at home is really simple and only takes a few basic items. You’ll never want to buy one from the store again after you’ve made one yourself. The flavor difference is amazing, and the Keto Sauerkraut cooked at home is much superior in every aspect.
Furthermore, the advantages of having sauerkraut in your diet are endless. It simply takes 10 minutes of your time to create, and the rest will take care of itself. It’s true magic: all you have to do is combine all of the Ingredients and lay them away for a few days to create this amazing and incredibly tasty meal.
And don’t even get me started on the many possibilities for this keto homemade sauerkraut. That basic sauerkraut salad is without a doubt my favorite item, so keep reading to discover how to prepare it.
Contents Table of Contents
Benefits of Sauerkraut
Sauerkraut is a fermented cabbage product. Although it is not fully low-carb, it may be eaten on the keto diet if ingested in modest doses. You won’t believe it, but sauerkraut, as a fermented food, contains much more nutrients and health advantages than raw cabbage.
First and foremost, here’s a quick rundown of some of the nutrients it contains:
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.
- Vitamin K is a kind of vitamin that is found
- B6 is a B-complex vitamin.
Sauerkraut cooked at home is known to be high in probiotics, which are helpful in battling toxins and germs. As a result, this product will undoubtedly aid your digestion. Also, since sauerkraut is low in calories but rich in fiber, it will help you lose weight by keeping you fuller for longer.
Here’s Everything You’ll Need
There are just three key components in this keto sauerkraut recipe (cabbage, onion, and salt). All of the additional Ingredients are absolutely optional, but they are highly recommended since they enhance the overall taste of the homemade sauerkraut.
Here’s what you’ll require:
- Cabbage: You’ll need a medium-sized cabbage for this dish. You’ll need to discard the poor leaves and cut the cabbage in half to remove the core before shredding it.
- Carrot: For this sauerkraut recipe, a tiny carrot will enough;
- Onion: a tiny onion will suffice here as well;
- Two or three bay leaves will enough;
- Whole black pepper: ground black pepper won’t have the same taste, so use whole black pepper instead.
- Cumin: I usually add cumin to this dish because I like how it tastes. If you don’t like this spice, just leave it out.
- Salt is a crucial element in this dish since it aids in the fermentation of the cabbage.
Keto Sauerkraut: How to Make It
This Keto Sauerkraut cooked at home dish just takes ten minutes to prepare. The following is a diagram of the whole process of manufacturing fermented cabbage:
- Begin by preparing the cabbage. Before cutting the cabbage head in half, remove all of the bad leaves. Then remove the core of the cabbage and discard it. For this dish, I prefer to use a cabbage shredder. If you don’t have one, you may use a knife to chop the cabbage.
- Mix in the rest of the Ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage with all of the other recipe Ingredients and stir thoroughly. To release the juice from the cabbage, press the mixture by hand. After that, put everything in a jar.
- Wait. Place a cheesecloth over the top of the jar and set it aside at room temperature. And from here on out, all you have to do is wait. The cabbage should begin the fermentation process in approximately three days. After that, cover the jar with a lid and keep the sauerkraut in the refrigerator for a few days.
You may eat the cabbage directly from the jar or prepare a keto sauerkraut salad with it once it’s done. It’s incredibly simple to make: just stir some olive oil with the fermented cabbage and serve.
Once completely fermented, the keto sauerkraut may be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. The more time you wait, the better it will be.
It’s also better not to attempt to freeze it since the nutrients will be lost and the cabbage won’t be as crisp as it should be.
Keto Sauerkraut cooked at home
It’s very simple to make keto sauerkraut at home! It just takes 10 minutes to create and only needs a few basic Ingredients. Simply combine all of the Ingredients in a mixing bowl and put away for a few days. Then you’re done! You will be served this amazing and delectable food.
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
5 days of rest
5 d 10 minutes total time
Side Dish for the Course
calorie count: 62 kcal
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 grated tiny carrot
- 1 shredded tiny onion
- three bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns, whole
- 14 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
By cutting the cabbage in half and removing the hard cores, you may prepare it. Then, using a shredded cabbage, chop the cabbage. In a large mixing basin, shred the cabbage.
In a mixing dish, combine the grated carrot, shredded onion, bay leaves, black pepper, cumin, and salt. By hand, thoroughly combine the ingredients and crush and squeeze the cabbage to extract juice.
Place everything in a jar, along with the cabbage juice, and cover with cheesecloth. Allow 3 days at room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator for at least another 2 days.
Calories: 62kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 3gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1436mgPotassium: 393mgFiber: 6gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1898IUVitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.: 68mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 1mg
Homemade sauerkraut, keto sauerkraut, and sauerkraut are all terms that may be used to describe homemade sauerkraut.
Homemade Keto Sauerkraut is a tasty and easy way to make your own sauerkraut at home. The process is simple and the result is delicious. Reference: homemade sauerkraut nutrition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is homemade sauerkraut Keto friendly?
A: This is an example of a question that both answers and doesnt answer.
How many carbs are in homemade sauerkraut?
A: There is no standardized answer for this question. The best way to know how many carbs are in homemade sauerkraut would be by looking at the nutritional information written on the jar of sauerkraut you buy, or checking their website for a list of ingredients and nutrition facts.
Can I add probiotics to my sauerkraut?
A: If you want to add probiotics, then yes. It will help make your sauerkraut more digestible and it should be able to withstand stomach acid better.
- is sauerkraut good keto
- diet doctor sauerkraut
- ground beef and sauerkraut keto
- keto fermented cabbage
- sauerkraut casserole keto